Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Mommy Katie's Big Girl!

Holy cow, Shannon has gotten big! At her 2-month appointment, she was 11 lbs, and only 2 weeks later, she had gained an entire pound! I can only imagine that she will be about 14 lbs on her 3-month birthday! I still need to measure her, but I'll be she's about 25 inches by now!

She is amazingly strong! One of her favorite games is doing squats on my lap, and she has started pushing herself up once I get her started. She also decides when she squats down, and she just drops. She is also able to push her upper body up a bit, and hold her head up at a 90* angle when on her tummy (she still hates tummy time!) She rolled over once about 2 weeks ago, but I think it was a fluke. I totally missed it, too. I went into the kitchen to wash her bottles, washed 2, checked on her, and she has rolled onto her back! I was so mad that I missed it! I haven't been able to get her to do it again, though she acts like she wants to. She won't tolerate tummy time long enough to get her to roll over again. She has also started holding small rattles & ring-a-link rings, which she likes to put into her mouth! She is learning to self-soothe by putting her hands in her mouth on purpose (as opposed to accidentally), and I'm very happy to say that she usually puts herself to sleep for naps and bedtime. She has been sleeping quite a bit lately; even more than she did at one- and two-months-old. She even has a normal nap-time in the mornings. Depending on when we wake up in the morning, she will typically need a nap around 10 or 11 am... about 2 to 3 hours after waking in the morning. She's getting to be such a big girl!!

11/14/2008 - during one of the longest tummy times she's ever tolerated!










11/24/08 - Shannon loves her bubble baths!















Thanksgiving 2008














Shannon LOVES her changing table. Here's the proof:






And here's the proof that she is a narcissist like every other baby:



No comments: