Shannon has had such a horrendous week! Poor thing has a really hard time recovering from shots, I think. Sunday & Monday were the worst... Almost an entire week after having the shots last Tues. Sunday, she took an hour of screaming bloody murder before falling asleep for each nap. Yesterday, she screamed her head off for over 2 hours as I held her, rocked her, laid her down, cuddled her, sang to her, read to her, walked with her, wrapped & re-wrapped her.... It was ridiculous. At one point, I sat down next to her crib, crying in desperation, and she looked at me and *get this* LAUGHED AT ME! Are you kidding me?? It was like she was giving me one big "screw you, mom!" through the bars! I could almost see her little bird finger sticking up over the blanket. Wait, I think I imagined that. Must have been my delirium after listening to screams that should have broken my crystal wine glasses (as thin as they are!).
When she did finally fall asleep (I honestly could not tell you how it happened), she slept for over an hour & 1/2. Thank God! It was getting to the point that I wanted to chuck her out onto the lawn (ever-so-gently, of course). I love her to death, but being a pseudo-single-mommy when married-mommy-whose-husband-comes-home-every-night-ness is just over the horizon! MIke comes home on Thurs night, and I think both Shannon and I are giddy with anticipation. I swear she knows he'll be home in less than 2 days.
So, back to the Screaming Mimi. Today, I went to work. Didn;t really care what grade, just as long as I was able to have adult, non-screaming-child time. 6th grade. Sweet. Guess who was an angel while I was working. No, not my students. My child. Complete with a smile for every stranger she met. She fell asleep three times with hardly a whimper. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? She has got to be just sick of looking at me. That must be it! Or maybe she is over the yuckiness fro the shots? I don't know, but I am praying that it happens again tomorrow!
Easter/Girls Birthday Celebration
8 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment