Ha! For once, I was right! Since the boat is in dry-dock to repair some major blemishes on her haggard hull, The Hambone won't be leaving Thursday, as the command originally planned. Rather, it will leave sometime next week! Yippee!! When Mike told me of the original intention to leave on the 8th, I had a mini freak-out. Maybe because I found that I would be a pseudo-single mother out only 6 days before. Or maybe it was because I don't want him to leave at all? But that gives us much more time to prepare. Like, say, by having him mow the lawn.
In other news, we bought a new car on Saturday. The Christmas trip up to Bakersfield frced us to quit dilly-dallying and just do it. Having to leave most of your Christmas presents at your dad's so you bring home your family members is a very influential force. Mike thinks we were going to leave Dargan. Little does he know, we would have left him. So, we went to the SD Auto
Show on Thursday, and decided on either the Saturn Vue or the Subaru Forrester. After much research, we found a 2008 Vue in Riverside for an amazing price that we couldn't pass up. The combination of "tough economic times" (to reiterate that over-used, sickening phrase) and the end-of-the-year clearances made this the best time to car shop! Shannon seems to really love her new car.Shannon update: Lots of drooling (much more than normal, though I'm not sure "normal" is the right word for the copious amounts of fluid that come from this child), crankiness at bedtime, and an obsession with the vibrating butterfly make me think a little toofer is trying to pop up. There seem to be little changes in her bottom gum every day. Today, it felt sharper ont he right side. Not looking forward to this teething thing, since I'm nursing and she has a penchant for chomping down hard. Even more so, I'm not looking forward to the cutting of the tooth, which I hear is the time I will want to shoot myself after hours of screaming. Yay. Oh, to make it even more enjoyable, I'll be dealing with this without Mike's middle-of-the-nigh assistance. Double-yay.
I've been terrible about uploading videos of S, so I'll post a few random ones here:
By the way, so sorry it's sideways. Wasn't thinking when I shot this!
Hmm, well, I would add more, but I can't seem to find them. Sorry!

No comments:
Post a Comment