I had not seen Shannon as happy as this in weeks! It was amazing how well she took to having him home! She napped better, she ate better, she was just happier in general while he was home. I was worried that she wouldn't remember him and would be upset when he held her for the first time. Not at all! She was all smiles for her daddy! The whole week, she had a smile on her face 95% of the time. She misses her daddy!!
Mike is astonished by how much Shannon has changed in only 5 weeks. I don't notice it, since I see her every moment of the day. But when I think about it, she really has changed a lot! She's talking more and smiling and laughing more. She's reaching for things and for people, she's much more active and alert, she's HUGE! I really couldn't do what Mike does (or military mommies). I could not be away from my child for months on end. I'd end up going AWOL. I have a hard enough time just leaving her for a few hours when I work!
Mike left today for North Carolina. He'll be going to a Boarding Team Officer training, which is supposed to be pretty intense. Not only will he be the only enlisted person there, he will most likely be the only Electronics Technician. It's a good thing he's large, otherwise, I think the officers would tear him a new one! He'll be going through the training all of March, and graduating at the beginning of April.
I discovered the joys of making baby food! Using an immersion blender, I pureed bananas and steamed carrots, then froze the purees in ice-cube trays, then transferred the food-cicles to plastic baggies in the freezer. the neat thing is that even if she doesn't eat them, I can use them in my cooking, since they're just carrots or bananas.
However, I discovered today that either a) the avocado I fed her today was not quite ready to eat (it was pretty bitter), or b) she doesn't like avocado. I really hope the cause of such a face was a) because I love avocado!

Taking in the warm sun in February:



No comments:
Post a Comment