Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Teething Sucks

Shannon has been having some terrible nap & sleep days recently. 2 days ago, it took me 3 hours to get her down for a nap. It took so long, I ended up having to fed her again before she fell asleep. And guess what? that didn't even phase her!! Typically, nursing puts her to sleep when she's exhausted, but not this time! On average, it's taking an hour or more to get her down for naps or bed. Last night, I got lucky. It took an hour & 1/2, but only half of that time was screaming. I made up storied to tell her, and apparently, that soothed her enough to get her to sleep without screaming herself hoarse. And... she slept for 8 1/2 hours! I really need to earn to go to bed when she does, but especially lately) her bedtime is the only time I have to get things done. You should see my house I take that back. PLEASE don't look at my house! This whole teething thing is putting a cramp in my knitting, too. I mean, c'mon! I'm making something FOR YOU, Shannon!! Let me at least finish it so you can wear it before you outgrow it!

I bought some homeopathic teething drop. They don't do a thing. Tylenol? Nada!! It makes me second-guess myself (because I need MORE of that) and start thinking there's something wronger (is that a word?) than just teething. Oh boy. the screaming commences again.

No comments: