Tuesday, July 7, 2009

My Body Hates Me

Caution: if you would rather not read about bodily functions related to the female body, stop reading now. Actually, if you can't stomach that, you've probably already read too much.

On the 4th of July, I started my second post-partum period since having Shannon. Finally. It took two months of wondering when it would happen. I actually took a pregnancy test early in the morning because I had been nauseous for 3 days prior. Apparently, gut-wrenching nausea is a new sign of impending woman-ness. And the sign that woman-ness had already began: paralyzing full-body pain. My hips, shins, hamstrings, back, shoulders, neck, fingers, arms, face, eyes, toes, eyebrows hurt. Even laying in bed exacerbates the pain. If this is going to be the new trend, let's just kill me now.

Keeping in mind the previous post about Shannon's "9-month sleep regression," last night, I slept on the floor in SHannon's room. She woke up 15 minutes after I went to bed, and I was in too much pain to lean over her crib for an hour while she tossed & turned & fussed to get back to sleep. So, I pulled the comforter & pillows off my bed and laid on the floor while she fell back asleep. It felt ridiculously wonderful to lay on the hard, unforgiving floor. Oddly enough, she slept until 5 am, and I never even fed her. Typically, she takes a bottle around 2 or 3. I woke up at 3, and figured that if she wasn't going to wake up I'd just go lay in my own bed. After sleeping on the floor for 4 hours, my bed felt like the softest, fluffiest, coud-like-est pillow of awesomeness ever! In fact, I think I'm going to go lay in it now. And it's not even 8:00.

2 comments:

Orenda said...

I understand Completely. I did the same thing 10mo after Ian was born...it gets better.

Jenny said...

yuk!! this sounds like a heinous turn of events. not looking forward to it! good luck and glad you got to sleep till 5 anyway! xx