So, I sort of have the job. I signed my letter of intent on Friday, and as soon as the district gets the results from my physical and my (7th) set of fingerprints, my position will be put on the agenda for the board meeting sometime in Oct. I have 22 students right now, and only 6 of those are girls. I should be getting 2 more girls soon, though. We group homogeneously, and I have the "basics." They seem to be a really good group of kids, and there is only one boy that I consider my challenge.
Between working and planning, Shannon, and trying to keep up with the house, something must suffer, and that has been the condition of my house. It's actually not too bad right now, since it is a 3-day weekend, but usually, it's pretty pathetic and embarrassing.
Shannon update: No more walking (Mike should be thrilled with that), but she has a couple of new words. She is actually finishing "uh oh" with a real "oh," rather than just "uh-" On Saturday, she mangled "tickle," which she pronounces as "tickah," into "Tecate." I am so proud. She has also been hugging when I pick her up, or my legs. I love it!
Easter/Girls Birthday Celebration
8 years ago

2 comments:
Woo-hoo for the job! hehe, S must've decided getting tackled wasn't worth the walking yet. Have you been able to talk to Mike at all?
I LOVE this stage. They are so fun, and really want to interact with you. Her little personality is starting to come out!
Post a Comment