Sunday, October 4, 2009

Party Time!

Now that Daddy is home, we were able to have S's birthday party yesterday. Most of the family and friends came, and it was awesome to see everyone. I was really happy to see everyone that came, because I know that most of them had a long, crappy drive to get here! We decorated with a picnic theme in "Middle Earth," (fenced-off portion of the front yard) and I know S had a really good time. She bounced from person to person to person, and I don't think I saw her for more than 2 minutes the whole time! She is such a social butterfly! But 2 hours of partying was plenty. She was exhausted by 6:30, and was spacing out in her backyard swing. After she went to bed, Mommy & Daddy got to play with all of the new gadgets. Like her V-Tech doggie and Cozy Coupe. She made out like a bandit with the gifts. Lots of books, movies, and interactive toys. A friend of my dad's gave her a Tickle Me Elmo Extreme. I'm not sure what's Extreme about it, other than being extremely annoying. But, she likes it. yay.

Today, we went to Sea World with Mike's brother and his family. I remember now why I don't go more often. It wasn't terrible. but it would have been more fun if we had been able to teach S to sleep in a stroller. I think she would have enjoyed it 10 times more if she weren't exhausted from the party yesterday and had taken more than an hour-long nap. She melted down like I had never seen. Wow. I can't imagine being one of those parents whose kid does that on a regular basis. I'd end up institutionalized. Anywho, the other reason I'm not a Sea World Season Pass holder is that it really doesn't take long to see everything worth getting the kid out of the stroller for, so being there for more than 3 horus is pointless. The one thing that saved it was the Shamu show. As soon as we sat down (and got our food. (Mmm... dry chicken sandwiches and mini cheesecakes... only half sarcastic), S could not take her eyes off the stage. She was so into the show! I have never seen her so enthralled with a non-toy. She loved it! That made the whole trip worth it!

Picture time!
The cake. Mike is very lucky to be alive after causing the frosting on the cupcakes to melt overnight. I had to fix them as well as I could. Men...














Pretty flowers sent from Mommy's godparents, Leigh & Karen. Thank you!















Fernando and Auntie Shannon (where's Uncle Josh? Always working!)

































Yum.







































Picking up candy from the pinata because the big kids were doing it.
















Lazy Sunday morning in the new rocker. One of two toys she is obsessed with.















The other toy she is obsessed with. Mommy did good! And yes, that is a sock monkey sticking out the side!




















At Sea World with Cousin Austin.






















Could NOT take her eyes off of the Shamu show!!
















Still enraptured, even at the end! Um, Austin, you're missing it....
















Having fun with Daddy.

No comments: