Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Shoe Fetish

I have never met a child as obsessed with shoes as mine is. She must have shoes on at all times, otherwise, she screams bloody murder. Take this morning for instance. She began flinging burp cloths onto the floor to try to get to the shoes she has never even seen that are on a shelf much higher than she should be able to see. And when she couldn't get them, she threw a tantrum of epic proportions, pointing to the closet the entire time. As soon as I realized what she wanted and put them on her feet (over her feety-pajamas, mind you), she was a happy camper again. That is why I leave at least one pair on the floor. That way, she can walk around with them in her hands until we can get a chance to put them on her feet.
When we drop her off at daycare, the first thing she does when she sees Irene is check out her feet, just to make sure she's wearing shoes. Irene has started wearing shoes every day just to make Shannon happy. Hilarious!

1 comment:

Ann said...

She's all girl! I love it!