Sunday, August 9, 2009

Having a Baby Aged Me By 30 Years

I just realized this afternoon why my left leg has been killing me for the past two months. I have sciatica. Awesome. The day that I realized my hips had suddenly shrunk quite a bit and that I could fit into many of my pre-pregnancy pants was the day that it started. Wonderful. Wonder if I should go to the Dr or just look up some exercises & take Advil? Hmm. I'm sure carrying her on that side isn't helping.

Oh, by the way, Shannon started crawling on July 27. I forgot to mention that. Now she's all over the place and ridiculously fast.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wow. I hate today.

I'm sick. All I want to do is sleep. I have a headache, and merely attempting to breathe makes me lose my breath.

Shannon is...... sick? I don't know what's wrong with her. She's taken 3 naps, all less than 30 minutes long. She woke twice last night. each time she has woken up, she has been screaming like something is very, very wrong. She acts like her legs hurt. Every time I touch them, she shies away. Of course, they might be tired from her learning to stand on her own today. No fever. Ear infection? Teething? Her 5th & 6th teeth just came through the other day. I don't know! It's Sunday, of course. After 4:30. All of the clinics are closed. I called the after-hours provider number, and she thinks S is just catching my cold and is uncomfortable from being constipated (which she is). So, I get to give her Tylenol all night and if she doesn't get better, I am to call tomorrow for an appointment to have her seen at Peds. Great. And of course, I have no idea where to take her if I get desperate tonight and decide to take her to urgent care. Wonderful.

No comments: