Shannon:
She has been taking a couple of steps on her own at daycare. She started on Monday. She lets go of the baby gate, and step, step, sit. I can't get her to do it at home. Possibly because we don't have cool foam tiles for her to walk on.
I am so tired of Mike being gone. Today was the worst example of how much we miss him. When I picked up S at daycare, the father of one of the other girls came to pick his daughter up. He is taller than Mike and wears a firefighter's uniform that is dark blue, and Mike wears a dark blue uniform. As soon as he walked in, S's face lit up and she had this HUGE smile on her face. I knew she thought it was Mike. Then she reached out for him. At that moment, he picked up his daughter, and Shannon looked at him with the most hurt face I have ever seen. Her bottom lip started trembling, and she watched him until we left with a very confused and sad look. As soon as I strapped her into the car, I burst into tears. I felt terrible for her. The look on her face was one of ultimate disappointment. I wish I knew whether she realized it wasn't Mike, and I really hope that she did because I don't want her to think Daddy loves some other little girl more than her.
Me: I interviewed (again) at my favorite school for the 4th grade position. I felt like I did really well, and rightly so! I had just answered the same questions a week & 1/2 ago! But I felt like I gave good answers and was prepared. I got a call today from the principal, who wants me to go in on Friday to teach and be observed, and then teach the entire next week to have the grade level teachers observe me, also. I'm fairly confident that I'll be getting the job.... assuming I don't suddenly develop Tourette Syndrome, that is.
After venting to a lady I work with, I felt much better about the situation. Much less pissed off. And boy, was I pissed. I'm much calmer now. Stupid woman hormones.... They get me every time.
Easter/Girls Birthday Celebration
8 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment