Just what the heck is going on here!? I did as the principal asked. I shadowed, I planned, I taught, I performed like a little show dog. I would have won a bone-shaped trophy. And Friday, I find out they want me to do it all again next week, but with competition. Are you freaking kidding me? So where does that leave me? The teachers want me. The kids respect me. The Asst. Principal likes me! Just hire me!
I understand that they need to go by the book. They need to play fair. They can't grant special favors and have to look out for the best interest of the kids. OK, so why so I feel like Stretch Armstrong? Why did they ask me to interview last week if they were going to have to ask me to do it after they looked at the application for the 4th grade position? Why are they putting me through this Hell? Why are they compromising the position I have, which I am relying on in case they don't hire me?
Why?
Because they can.
Because they know I will jump through their fiery hoops.
Because they know that if they say "bark," I will bark as loudly and as well as I possibly can bark.
Because they don't want me nearly as much as I want them.
Woof.
Easter/Girls Birthday Celebration
8 years ago

1 comment:
....and you'll jump thru those fiery hoops with grace and aplomb! GL...sucks taht they're putting you thru the ringer
Post a Comment