There have been all sorts of milestones in the Lafferty house lately! Several weeks ago, Shannon started the babbling "bababababa," "dadadadadada," and "mamamamama" and something in between all of those. Last week, June 23rd, Shannon looked at Mike and said "dada." He was over the moon. A few days before that, I swear she said "baba" when I handed her a bottle. And sometimes, especially when she's mad, she'll say "Ma." We're going with "dada" as her first word!
Friday, the 26th, Shannon was super fussy. He had just finished eating some applesauce and was clean, so we thought she might be tired. She started clenching her left hand over & over again. It was the "milk" sign!!!!! She was telling me that she wanted to nurse!! As soon as I said "Milk?" she smiled! I'm so thrilled that she finally learned the sign for milk! When I got her up form her nap a few minutes ago, I asked her if she wanted a bottle, and she clenched her fist again and said "baba." Holy crap! That has got to be a fluke, right? Maybe not, since I just asked her where her bottle was, and she answered with "baba." Wow, it feels so great to be able to communicate with her! Next sign: eat. Hopefully, that one doesn't take 6 months to learn like "milk."
Today was Shannon's first swim lesson. We had a blast in the pool together! Today was all about getting the babies used to being in the water, and each time we go in, we set the babies on the side of the pool, then carry them into the water to teach them not to go in until we are in. carol Ann was there, and Mrs. Augustin's daughter, Ruby was there, too. Shannon took to the water like a little fish.... Well more like a little frog. She frog kicked the whole 30 minutes, and looked like she was ready to take off on her own! She was clearly upset when we got out, but took a good hour & 1/2 nap when we got home, and another short nap soon afterward!
Easter/Girls Birthday Celebration
8 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment