Saturday, August 15, 2009

4th Grede, Here I Come!

I ALMOST HAVE A TEACHING JOB!! I interviewed at my fave school on Thursday for a 2nd grade position that I knew I wouldn't get (I interviewed WITH THE GIRL WHO WAS ALREADY TEACHING THE CLASS!! Can we say AWKWAAAAAARD!!??). A friend of mine called me the night before and told me "don't get discouraged tomorrow," (gee, thanks) and that one of the 4th grade teachers would fnd out on Fri if he will be becoming an administrator, so that position will probably open up, and a 3rd grade teacher was trying to do the same thing. So, I interviewed, felt like an idiot compared to the other girl (who was great and super nice). I got a call last night from the principal, telling me that he has a "curveball" for me, and that he wants me to teach 4th grade. I have to go in on Tuesday & Wednesday to collaborate with the teacher and teach some lessons as teh 2nd part of my interview. So basically, unless I suddenly develop Turret's (sp?) and can't control my expletives, after Tuesday, I will be working there for the rest of the year... WITH A CONTRACT!!!! Sa-WEET!!!! I'm so stoked!!!! And now I'm scared. And excited. and nervous. and giddy. and nervewracked....... Hahaha!

I'm even more nervous about going to work on Mon and seeing the principal, b/c I know my new one will have already called him to tell him I'm not coming in on Tuesday or Wednesday.... or after that, hopefully.

2 comments:

Geochick said...

woo-hoo woo-hoo woo-hoo!!!! Finally!

Orenda said...

That's Awesome!